I got this recipe from a friend in AZ, it is soooooo good.
Green Chilli Chicken Enchilada Casserole
2 large cans macayo's green chili enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 can (small cream of chicken can after its been emptied, or i would guess 1/3c.) water
shredded cooked chicken (I usually boil chicken and shred it, I think its easiest but however you want to cook the chicken)
small round tortillas
green onions (optional, my hubby doesn't like them so I only use it if he wont be eating these, but I think this needs it)
shredded cheddar cheese
vegetable oil
Heat vegetable oil about 1inch deep in frying pan. In another frying pan, heat green chili enchilada sauce, can of cream of chicken, and 1/2 small can of water. Preheat oven to 375. Dip 2 tortillas (one at a time) briefly into oil, just until barley cooked, not crunchy, then cover them in the green chili enchilada sauce mixture. Then put into the bottom of a 13x9 in casserole dish. put a layer of shredded cooked chicken, cheese, and onions on top of the tortillas. Repeat the layers 2 more times, starting with the dipped tortillas. After last layer, put two more dipped tortillas on top and sprinkle with cheese. cook 15-20 min.
Jenni
No comments:
Post a Comment