Ok, so everyone I cook this for thinks I'm crazy and that it is going to be gross, but everyone has liked it, including my little sister who doesn't eat anything! I got this from a blog, I saw it posted and thought the lady was crazy and there was no way that it was good, but then i saw it pop up on a couple of the other recipe blogs I looked at and decided to try it.... you have to try it... its yummy!!! The only thing I do differently then the lady I found the recipe from is add sour cream to the green enchilada sauce.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
6 Tb honey
4.5 Tb lime juice
1 Tb chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder (im pregnant and really sensitive to garlic, so I haven't been using this right now and it still taste good)
1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
flour tortillas
monterey jack cheese, shredded
10 oz. can green enchilada sauce (If you want, mix in a cup or so sour cream with this.)
Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder together in a large baggie, put shredded chicken into baggie and mix around until the chicken is well coated. Let it marinate in the fridge for atleast a half hour. (you can do this part in the morning or the night before if you want, the longer the better).
Start with a 9x13in casserole dish. spread a little bit of green enchilada sauce on bottom and sides of pans. Fill flour Tortillas with shredded chicken and shredded cheese, and place in dish seam side down so they don't open. When pan is full, pour green enchilada sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with more cheese. If you have more filling (depending on how full you filled your enchiladas) use a 10x10 dish and assemble the same way. Bake at 350 for 30 min. At the end pu it under the broiler for a minute to brown the cheese.
Jenni
No comments:
Post a Comment